Saturday, January 31, 2009

Remembering Shea - all together now - part 1

First, I want to say that I came up with the name for this blog long before today's event. It was sometime back in the fall. Considering I started all this a few months after Shea's final game, I never expected to post on anything "current". But here I am, and there I was. Remembering Shea with what was estimated to be as many as 400 fans braving the cold and icy ground to look at a pile of rubble over a fence and at a structure, that at times was made to crumble right before our eyes, which held so many memories for all of us.

I was interviewed by the New York Times, MySN.TV (My SocialSports Network), and a local paper in Queens (damn, I can't remember the name of it).
I got to meet other folks taking pictures and sharing stories.
It was a way to give us better closure to the stadium than what we got back in September (I heard someone say that, or something similar. It may have actually been our great organizer, Chris Swann, but I'm not sure).

I'm so glad I went. I can't remember the last time I was at Shea when there wasn't a game going on (not counting going to the U.S. Open). And we all got to remember together

I got some great photos and videos. They're still uploading to Webshots and YouTube, and I'll organize them into a few different posts on RememberingShea in addition to a big slideshow.


Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Final thought | Recaps in the Media | Recaps in other Mets blogs | All together now