Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Gary Cohen, Hockey Announcer

During the All-Star break, I'm going to go down a different path. Today I have a closer look at everyone's favorite Mets TV Play-by-play man Gary Cohen.

Gary's radio style allowed for him to clearly and correctly announce lots of detail in a short amount of time. Never this was more true than in broadcasting Hockey on the radio. Gary was selected to be the radio play-by-play voice for hockey at 3 different Winter Olympics games in the 1990s (1992 Albertville, 1994 Lillehammer, and 1998 Nagano).





Good stuff. I'll leave you with this - what every happened to Gary Cohen, Hockey announcer?
The sound bytes came directly from my walkman into my computer live as the games were being played as broadcast on WFAN radio. The broadcasts are probably copyright 1998, Westwood One, the U.S. Olympic Committee, and the International Olympic Committee.