Sunday, February 7, 2010

Historic Dodgertown

Oh how I miss seeing games at Dodgertown. The Dodgers moved into the complex to bare their name in 1948 for Spring Training (they were still the Brooklyn Dodgers back then) and played their final game in the middle of the 2008 Spring Training season (they had a few exhibition games in China before the Bejing Summer Olympics and stayed in Arizona for the final week of Spring Training and officially moved to a new complex in Arizona the following season).

Mack from Mack's Mets stopped by the Dodgertown complex in Vero Beach a few weeks ago on his trip to Port St. Lucie. And he wrote about it and included some photos. I love how he starts the post - with a picture of one of the Dodgertown signs and the words "Couldn’t help myself.". Nice work Mack. A few pictures and words worth reading.

I hope when he goes back down in a couple weeks, he can get past the closed gates. It looks like he'll leave just before the start of a High School/College Baseball Invitational at the complex, brought to you by RussMatt Baseball.

I have the same plan as Mack for stopping by Dodgertown while I'm staying in Vero Beach later in March. I hope I can get in to see a game during one of my off nights.


Leave a comment or drop me a line at DyHrdMET [at] gmail [dot] com.
Become a fan of RememberingShea on Facebook.
Become a Networked Blog