Friday, May 28, 2010

Oh Beautiful Shea

I just have to say it. Watching the 1988 Mets Yearbook (debuting as I type) on SNY, Shea looks absolutely beautiful in the video. So blue, so colorful, so full of live, and almost completely advertisement-free.

And I should point out the brief cameo of my other favorite spot, the then-new complex in Port St. Lucie also showed off that blue (a lot of it is still there).

And I must say that I love the Mets Yearbooks narrated by Bob Murphy and that include audio highlights from both the TV and radio broadcasts. And the video quality looks so good compared to the other ones. It's too bad as that got better, and they moved into Mets seasons that I actually remember, they stopped making these videos.


Leave a comment or drop me a line at DyHrdMET [at] gmail [dot] com. "Like" RememberingShea on Facebook (the function formerly known as "Becoming a Fan"). Become a Networked Blog