Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Training 2012 - Day 8

Day 8 - March 29, 2012 - Mets-Astros @ Port St. Lucie

Three headlines of the day. Mike Pelfrey pitched well. David Wright hit a Grand Slam. And David Wright signed my program.

There was no access to the back fields during the day. The team came out to stretch around 2:30 for a 6pm game, and I could see it through the fence, but that was it. In the ballpark, it was a very small crowd at 4pm to watch the Mets finish taking BP. David Wright has been hitting with the last group this week, which means the fans in the ballpark can see him hit (they start around 3:30 and we get in around 4pm). He did stop to sign for some kids over at the other end of the Mets dugout (I usually stand on the OF side of the dugout, which is more accessible, but he was at the HP side, where the steps are lower and there is a glass partition separating the stands from the field, so it's more awkward, but that's where he's been going (they say). I scurried over and managed to get a David Wright autograph. One thing I've noticed in my pictures, there is always some sort of smile on his face with his tongue sticking out a bit.

In the game, Mike Pelfrey pitched really well, into the 7th inning. I don't think he's going to be as bad as people fear. David Wright hit a Grand Slam Home Run as part of a 7 run inning. I don't think he's going to be as bad as people fear. The Mets really didn't pull together any other offense after that inning, and it was an early night for Livan Hernandez, but they didn't do anything to give the game away either.

For me, that's 5 games at Digital Domain Park over the course of 8 days and nights. In some of the pictures, you'll see some of the color imagery that was added before last year's Spring Training that show the now-50 year history of the New York Mets. These are things that I'd like to see at Citi Field. Digital Domain Park has always had a blue OF wall and blue wall padding all the way around the ballpark, and I think has always had blue seats. That color scheme goes very well with the blue Spring Training/BP uniforms of the Mets.

Photos here


Leave a comment or drop me a line at DyHrdMET [at] gmail [dot] com. Your comments will fall into a moderation queue.
"Like" RememberingShea on Facebook (the function formerly known as "Becoming a Fan").
Become a Networked Blog