Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Training 2012 - Day 10

Day 10 - March 31, 2012 - Mets-Marlins @ Jupiter

I can't say my trip ended with a bang. I got to see Johan Santana take his much anticipated bullpen session/simulated game by watching from a distance and through a fence from the back fields. I got another R.A. Dickey autograph. I could see Jon Niese and Mike Pelfrey in their bullpen sessions through a fence and a screen. And I got to see the Astros owner and GM riding around the Mets complex on a golf cart. I think that warrants its own post.

And then on to Jupiter for my last stop, to see the Mets game on the Marlins. Jose Reyes started for Florida Miami. He had 1 at bat, and was out of the game by the 3rd inning. The Mets traveling squad didn't look too impressive - only a few starters and a lot of high numbers. I got another Vinny Rottino autograph. It was hot on Saturday. I missed the Mets rally and saw some of our "closer" Frank Francisco blowing a mid-game lead (both because of the need for shade). Then I had to miss the end of the game because I had to be at the airport.

And that was it.

Photos from day 10.


Leave a comment or drop me a line at DyHrdMET [at] gmail [dot] com. Your comments will fall into a moderation queue.
"Like" RememberingShea on Facebook (the function formerly known as "Becoming a Fan").
Become a Networked Blog